Camposampiero - The Walnut and Vision Shrines

Follow us on

Camposampiero is an important town in the province of Padua, about twenty kilometres north of the city. At the time of Saint Anthony, it was a small village with a castle owned by Earl Tiso VI, a man who had been converted by the Saint’s preaching. Tiso persuaded Anthony to move there and rest to recover spiritually and physically in May 1231.

The shrine consists of two churches: the small 15th century Walnut Chapel, located right on the spot where the walnut tree once stood on which Anthony had built a small shelter where he could dedicate himself to quiet contemplation; and the Shrine of the Vision, which contains the cell of “The Vision”, the place where Tiso beheld the Jesus Baby appearing in Anthony’s arms.

For more information visit: www.santuariantoniani.org